Friday, January 12, 2018

Looking for some printing? VISTAPRINT Review

Taking a break from your regular programming of food and adventures, I thought I would do a review on Vistaprint (I don't usually do product reviews but until I figure out where to put this... maybe my own blog on how I manage my NPO?) Vistaprint is sort of like the Walmart of printing in my opinion. They have SO MANY products that are offered. I manage a nonprofit and because of our constrained budgets, we always try to find more economical printing options. In general, I like Vistaprint for their relatively cheap price, ease of use and customer service. However, quality for some products can be questionable.

Business Cards are among the best products from Vistaprint in my opinion, for $9.99 (and also some shipping, but it varies) you get a decent amount of business cards (500 to be exact). They advertise the regular price higher but you can usually find a promocode and you can get the product for cheaper. The quality of them is good and quite professional. I would say when it comes to business cards, Vistaprint is usually my go-to place. 

Banners
This is a bit interesting out of all of the products they have to offer. Their banners are pretty high in quality and they come in both indoor and outdoor use options. I have to say that  I ordered a few banners from them and all of them have a barcode printed at the front. When I first received the banners, I was a bit thrown off as to why the barcode is printed at the FRONT. I sent them an email and they tried to correct it by sending me another one. However, there is still a barcode there. It was then when I reached out to them that they said it's the way their systems are automated so they ended up giving me a refund. That said, after my ordeal with them, they changed their preview platform and now they give a preview of banners with the barcode on. I would say if you don't mind the barcode then the quality of the banners are relatively good.

I know some people in the printing business and they tell me they actually get their printing done by Vistaprint (mind you, Vistaprint sells it to them at a business to business price). Vistaprint will sell to consumers the price vendors will charge so that they don't compete with business (I'm assuming) so that's an interesting point.

Tips:

  • There are usually promocodes drifting online, never pay regular price for something because there is always a sale.
  • Check out ebates to get a rebate on your order by clicking here . Ebates is a good tool to use if you do alot of online shopping and want a rebate.
  • Be aware that they have preview tools but what shows up (in-terms of colouring) might be different. I try to exaggerate the difference between colours and if they are too close in similarity, they don't usually show up too well. 




No comments:

Post a Comment