Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Really cute convenience store ( D J's Corner Food Store (Burleson, Texas))/ (Texas Trip Part 4)

Because our competition was being held at Venue 510, it was very close to DJ's food store. It was about 3 in the afternoon and I was starving. My friends had subway while I wanted to save the calories. I decided to take a quick walk in the near by areas to look for things to eat.
 I stumbled upon this gas station. What really caught my attention was the sound of bubbling water outside. When I walked closer, I noticed they have goldfish and minnows inside the wooden bins at the entrance. I am not really sure why they would sell this, but my instinct tells me that these fishes are being sold as feeder fishes for other animals. It seems impractical to sell this pets. I also noticed that these goldfish were being fed cheerios. (Hmm, maybe I should start feeding my goldfishes with cheerios too, that could increase the survival rate potentially).
 After glaring at the goldfishes for a few moments, I decided to enter the store. Because I was looking for lunch, I started by looking for a sandwich section. However, I wasn't able to find a section for that. I did find a few sections like a bread section and also a crackers/candy section. They also had a big section for liquor at the back too. In addition, they also had warm food like burritos in the warmer.
  I decided to grab some crackers (they were only 59 cents each), some mini muffins and a bottle of sweet tea. My rationale was that if there wasn't a meal like food (such as sandwiches), the next in line when it comes to health/ nutrition was things like trail mix, pastries and crackers (well in my books anyway).
   The sweet tea was pretty good, but at the same time, it was very sweet. Not to mention, the cashiers were really nice too.




Overall, this is one of the cutest corner stores I've been to. 
D J's Corner Food Store on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment